EV Charging: Autocharge vs. Plug & Charge Comparison
As the electric vehicle (EV) revolution accelerates, innovations in charging technology are shaping the way we power our vehicles. Generally, there are two methods for charging an electric vehicle, “Autocharge” and “Plug & Charge,” each offering a unique approach to streamline the charging process.
The plug & charge involves the manual process of initiating the charging process (selecting the appropriate connector, plugging in the charging gun to your electric vehicle, setting the desired charging time/units/percentage to charge, and paying via digital wallet).
The ‘Autocharge,’ simplifies the process of EV charging. With Autocharge, all you need to do is plug in the charging gun, and the charging process automatically starts without any manual intervention. In this blog, we’ll explore Autocharge vs. Plug & Charge, delve into the differences between these two methods and explore how the Autocharge feature, recently introduced by Statiq, takes the lead in saving valuable time for EV users.
Difference: Autocharge vs. Plug & Charge
- Manual Steps vs. Automated Convenience
- Plug & Charge: Traditional charging methods often involve manual steps, such as selecting charging units and initiating the session through a mobile app or charging station interface.
- Autocharge: Statiq’s Autocharge takes a leap forward by automating the process. With Autocharge, the need for manual intervention is eliminated. Simply plug in your EV, and the charging process begins seamlessly.
- Time Efficiency
- Plug & Charge: Users relying on Plug & Charge may experience delays in initiating the charging session, especially when dealing with mobile apps or payment methods.
- Autocharge: The key advantage lies in the time saved. Autocharge initiates the charging process immediately upon plugging in, bypassing the time-consuming steps associated with traditional methods.
- User Experience
- Plug & Charge: While Plug & Charge has improved user experiences compared to earlier methods, there can still be complexities in managing cards, accounts, and app interfaces.
- Autocharge: Statiq’s Autocharge aims for a hassle-free experience. Users can enjoy the simplicity of connecting their EVs without fumbling with cards or navigating through mobile apps.
Introducing Statiq Autocharge Feature
Understanding the evolving needs of EV users and making the EV charging process more hassle-free Statiq has introduced the Autocharge feature to provide seamless and efficient EV charging.
How Autocharge Works
- Autocharge identifies your electric vehicle through a unique identification number (UIN) automatically communicated when connected to a compatible CCS charger.
- The system associates your vehicle with your account, eliminating the need for manual intervention or complicated setup procedures.
- Charging begins instantly upon plugging in, offering a level of convenience that redefines the expectations of EV users.
Why Choose Autocharge
- Saves Time: Autocharge’s automated process means no delays—charging begins promptly.
- Convenience: The streamlined nature of Autocharge eliminates the need for physical cards or navigating through mobile apps.
- Hassle-Free Experience: Autocharge ensures a seamless charging experience, simplifying the process for users.
How to Enable Autocharge in the Statiq App?
To enable Autocharge, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the “My Vehicles” section to verify if your electric vehicle is compatible with Autocharge. Look for the “Request to Enroll” button if your vehicle is eligible.
- If your vehicle is compatible, click on the “Request to Enroll” button to initiate the enrollment process.
- After enrolling, you will be presented with a list of EV charging stations equipped with the Autocharge feature. Select the nearest charging station where you want to use Autocharge.
- Once you arrive at the chosen charging station, connect your vehicle using the CCS connector. Within 60 seconds of connecting, click on the “Start charging” option to activate Autocharge. Your enrollment in Autocharge is now complete.
From now on, whenever you connect the Autocharge enable CCS connector, your vehicle will automatically commence charging. There’s no need for manual intervention or complicated setup procedures.
As the EV charging industry evolves, we can expect more advanced methods of charging. Presently, Autocharge emerges as the frontrunner, offering benefits such as time efficiency, user convenience, and a hassle-free experience. Embrace the future of EV charging with Statiq’s Autocharge and experience a new level of efficiency and convenience.